Main ingredients: Florfenicol
Description: White or white like powder.
Florfenicol is a broad-spectrum antibiotic belongs to Amphenicols, which plays an antibacterial role by inhibiting the bacterial protein synthesis by binding to ribosomal 50S subunits. It has strong antibacterial activity against a variety of Gram-positive bacteria and gram negative bacteria. Pasteurella hemolysin, Pasteurella multocida and Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae are highly sensitive to florfenicol. In vitro, florfenicol has similar or even stronger antimicrobial activity to thiamphenicol. Some bacteria resistant to amide alcohols due to acetylation, such as Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumonia, may still be sensitive to florfenicol.
Absorbed rapidly through oral administration. Blood therapeutic concentration can be reached in 1 hour and the peak blood concentration reaches in 1~3 hours. The bioavailability is over 80%. Widely distributed in animals and can penetrate the blood-brain barrier. Mainly excreted along with urine and a little excreted with feces.
(1) Combination with macrolides and lincomines may induce antagonistic effects due to the same target at the 50S subunit of bacterial ribosome.
(2) May antagonize the bactericidal activity of penicillins or aminoglycosides, but has not been proved in animals.
Indications: Phenicols antibiotic. Swine, chicken and fish bacterial diseases caused by susceptible bacteria such as Pasteurella haemolysin, Pasteurella multocida. Respiratory diseases in cattle and pigs caused by Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae. Typhoid fever and paratyphoid fever caused by Salmonella, chicken cholera, pullorum, colibacillosis. Bacterial septicemia, enteritis and erythroderma in fish caused by Pasteurella, Vibrio, Staphylococcus aureus, Hydrophila and so on.
Dosage and Administrations: (In this product)
Oral Medication. For swine and chicken: 0.1~0.15 g / 1kg, 2 times a day for 3~5 days. Fish: 50～75mg, 1 time a day for 3~5 days.
(1) A certain immunosuppressive effect when application amount is higher than the recommended dosage.
(2) Embryo toxicity, cautiously use during pregnancy and lactation.
(1) Prohibition of laying period
(2) Vaccination period and animals with severe immune deficiency are forbidden.
(3) Animals with renal insufficiency need to reduce or extend the interval of administration.
Swine: 20 days Chicken: 8 days Fish:≥375/water temperature
Specifications: 10%, 20%, 30%
Storage: Sealed in dry place